Blended Learning Consortium
High quality shared resources specifically developed for the FE curriculum.
About the Consortium
Heart of Worcestershire College has delivered a blended learning curriculum for over five years. One of the main challenges to this has been the sourcing of good quality learning resources specifically developed for the Further Education (FE) sector. From experience, we have found that the most effective way to create appropriate resources is through a co-development process where the costs and expertise are shared across the partnership.
The Blended Learning Consortium has been set up to support colleges in moving forward to meet accredited guidelines and allow members to benefit from the creation and sharing of FE specific resources. With this in mind, Heart of Worcestershire College would like to invite your college to join the Blended Learning Consortium. Sponsored by City and Guilds the Consortium currently produces a wide range of learning content spanning differing learning levels and subject areas.
Visit the Blended Learning Consortium VLE
Visit the BLC Community
How does the Consortium work?
- Annual membership fee of £5K
- Money used to pay staff in member colleges to write, edit and develop learning objects
- Democratic voting process to determine which subject areas are developed
- Content is created to agreed specifications and standards
- Members have access to the source files to adapt and re-brand the learning resources
- Members have their own control over any annually paid-up resources
- New members can back pay for previous years content
Benefits to members include:
- Access to high quality content developed by the Consortium
- Efficiency savings through shared development costs
- Money would be redistributed through member colleges to develop resources
- Development of in-house skills in writing, editing and developing content
- Support and training from the experienced content development team at Heart of Worcestershire College
- Discounted software from partners and sponsors (see Exclusive Offers).
Please take a moment to watch the video below about the Blended Learning Consortium. It explains how the consortium works, from the early stages of signing up, through to having your say on the subjects you, as a member, would like to see created. It then details how to use the content after downloading it from our dedicated VLE as well as offering a perspective from member colleges on their involvement and how they see themselves implementing the resources within their own institutions.