As a Consortium, we are in a position to negotiate with companies and sponsors to obtain discounts and benefits for all Consortium colleges, all of which are outlined below along with relevant contact details and links if you wish to find out more.
To take advantage of any offer listed below, please get in touch with us here at the BLC.
Click to expand and read more:
We have secured a reduced purchase price for all Consortium members for Articulate Storyline 3 at a saving of up to 50% per license. Considered an industry standard tool for e-learning development. We recommend SL3 to all BLC members due to it's rich features and familiar interface. Contact us for more details:
For advice on using Storyline visit the Articulate community:
AppAtSchool is focussed on improving the learning experience for apprenticeship students. AppAtSchool enables the ‘Golden Triangle’. AppAtSchool supports a real-time, 3 way dialogue between the student, college, and work-place employer, delivering a blended learning infrastructure across a mobile environment. We are pleased to offer to all members of the Blended Learning Consortium (BLC-FE):
- Free use of AppAtSchool software during pilots initiated before March 31st 2018 **
- 50% discount on AppAtSchool software ordered before March 31st 2018
Schools are facing big challenges. Competition between educational institutions has risen, both nationally and internationally. The pressures continue to mount, to show results in combination with budget cuts, under funding, rise of pupil numbers and inspection and performance measures. This reinforces the challenge to enable and empower students to co-design with teachers in a disciplined way how they learn and acquire knowledge. The potential for technology to support teachers working in conjunction with students is significant.
The digital revolution is reshaping the way we teach our students. Large numbers of students use their tablets or phones in everyday life, but the use of this equipment is not yet fully integrated into the educational system. Students today expect colleges to be able to incorporate advanced technology into their curriculum, but too many colleges still teach our students in classes and batches. For many years the educational system has been offering students one singular teaching methodology in a fixed timeline for all students. Transformation to a more mobile and student oriented digital education offers many possibilities.
With rising student expectations and demands, integrated and streamlined apps for mobile use can ensure a smoother, more cost efficient teaching process. Institutions need to invest in infrastructure, teaching and career support to attract students. AppAtSchool can help your institution transform to a new educational future. AppAtSchool organises customised flexible educational processes for teachers and students, based on modern digital technology. We build a strong business case for your college by using Apps in combination with an online platform.
AppAtSchool helps to identify how best to incorporate a global and future outlook into your current teaching strategies and brings a new educational delivery system to your institution. AppAtSchool takes education, vocation and location of your student out of the classroom. AppAtSchool supports the application, implementation and the service of mobile equipment and apps for educational purposes. AppAtSchool offers customer oriented, flexible educational processes supported by digital technology. Through using Apps in combination with an online environment we are able to transform education into an efficient and modern teaching method.
For more information:
Or contact us directly:
** Support for pilots is subject to available resources.
starThe Association for Learning Technology
The Association for Learning Technology (ALT) is proud to offer members a 20% discount on Organisations Membership and a 20% reduction in registration fees for CMALT. To find out more about the benefits of ALT membership visit thier website.
Click here for more information about the available offer:
bulb is a beautiful, easy to use, web-based digital portfolio.
bulb is where students and educators curate and create, share and showcase their excellence.
bulb provides an innovative, easy and powerful ePortfolio environment to study, socialise and showcase student and educator academic achievements and brilliance.
Please review this brief video for a quick overview:
bulb is built for both the educator and the student. bulb users gather information, develop ideas and then share and showcase their work in a beautiful format. And, most importantly, bulb is uniquely designed so the user owns, creates, updates and continues to enhance their content for life no matter where their educational and occupational learning journey leads them.
Students use bulb digital portfolios to document the learning process, reflect on past work, showcase final products, receive feedback, make adjustments and develop a healthy digital presence.
Educators use bulb to model to their students the importance and practical application of a career digital portfolio. They do this by capturing their own goals, growth, continuing education and reflection, as well as designing lessons and assignments to deliver quality curriculum to their students.
"Electronic portfolios are no longer just a good idea; they are an exceptional and a powerful element of college and career readiness"
Emerging Edtech Magazine
- bulb encourages collaboration – features allow students and teachers to easily interact with one another and effectively engage in a peer review process.
- bulb emphasizes the documentation & refinement of process – learning is far more than just the final product; research shows that showing work and demonstrating the process of discovery is fundamental to knowledge acquisition.
- bulb promotes formative assessment – educators can more easily identify their students’ strengths, abilities and passions. Differentiate students based on what they actually accomplish rather than just a test score or a GPA.
- bulb develops healthy digital citizenship — bulb equips students to understand what is appropriate online and how to manage their online presence.
- bulb is easy – we believe technology should make life better. Digital Portfolios ought to make the collection, curation and showcasing of knowledge simple. bulb lives by the 90/10 rule: 90% of your time should go to creating and showcasing ideas and 10% should go to getting to know the tool.
- bulb is beautiful – a portfolio should be something to be proud of. bulb is meticulous about beautiful design and its purpose is to make ideas beautiful and compelling.
- bulb is compatible – good tools should interact well with other education software. bulb connects easily with Google, Microsoft, Canvas, Blackboard, Schoology and many more essential education apps.
- bulb is practical – your work, ideas, inventions and musings should be easy to create and always available to you for refinement, sharing and showcasing.
- bulb is portable – learning and content creation should be possible anywhere. bulb is web-based, so it goes with you everywhere, on any device. Wherever you go, bulb is always with you.
- bulb is private – your work should be protected. Only you should decide who sees your work and when they see it. If you want to make your work available to specific individuals or the general public you can; if you never want anyone to see it, that’s an option, too.
- bulb is personal – your work should always be your own. No matter where you teach, where you learn, or what you do with the work you’ve created, it should be yours forever, to use however and whenever you wish.
As an academic tool:
As a lifelong tool:
Buy bulbSchool for a special price as a BLC member
- Up to 10,000 students & staff – Year ONE Active Host Model £1750
- 10,001 to 20,000 students & staff – Year ONE Active Host Model £3000
- Over 20,001 students & staff – Year ONE Active Host Model £5000
The above special pricing models allow;
- all staff & students to use bulb during the first year of usage
- staff to benefit from free-of-charge online training at the time of deployment
- only active users will be charged in years two and three
Examples of Excellent Educator and Student bulb Portfolios:
View this pdf for more information about bulb:
bulbSchool product site:
Email us for more information about bulb:
starCengage LearningstarCentury Intelligent Learning
CENTURY is an adaptive learning platform that uses artificial intelligence, the power of big data analytics and insights drawn from cognitive neuroscience to improve learning outcomes for students. Visit thier website for more information.
We want all colleges to benefit from the opportunities offered by CENTURY and are offering a 20% discount to members of the consortium. The discounted rate includes:
- access to the platform's maths and English GCSE and Functional Skills content
- access for all learners to their personalised recommended learning path
- access for teachers to the content management system to create and upload your own content
- access to the teacher dashboard, which provides data and insights into your students' learning
- training on how best to use CENTURY
Email CENTURY to learn more about the offer and to arrange a platform demonstration.
Designed by educators, for educators
As educators, we know that each student learns differently. We believe that video is the perfect way to engage with any student, despite differences in learning preferences. At ClickView, our goal is to give educators the best opportunity to create a rich learning experience through video education for students.
Blended Learning Consortium offer: Ongoing 20% discount
Educational videos and video resources
FE curriculum aligned video libraries
- Over 1,600 high quality, curriculum-aligned videos and complementary teaching resources for FE Colleges.
- ClickView not only produces its own educational videos in our Melbourne studio, we also curate content from the world’s best educational providers.
Ad-free television content
- ClickView provides a growing repository of over 14,000 educational ad-free videos from Freeview TV.
- Educators can also access and save recordings of any TV programme from the last four weeks, making sourcing TV content simple and seamless.
- Educators can turn any video into an active learning experience by overlaying a set of questions onto the video timeline for students to answer, with the data reported on a dashboard, allowing educators to target their teaching.
Custom content created by users
- Users can upload their own content to share within their college, and access videos from other users and educational organisations on topics such as flipped learning and professional development.
Giving you easy access to your ClickView content
- ClickView is run on any internet browser or mobile device and allows users to quickly and easily download content to watch offline.
- FE Colleges have the option to store videos on-site at the college, which allows for faster streaming and less bandwidth usage.
- ClickView integrates with Single Sign On technologies allowing all students and staff to access ClickView with their usual college login credentials.
- ClickView has plugins or connections to Virtual Learning Environments, which allow educators to easily and seamlessly add videos to online assignments.
View our brochures for more information:
Email James Biddle at ClickView for enquiries:
CPOMS is a revolutionary software application for monitoring child protection, safeguarding, SEND and a whole range of pastoral and welfare issues. Working alongside a school’s existing safeguarding processes, CPOMS is an intuitive system to help with the management of child protection, behavioural issues, bullying, special educational needs, domestic issues and much more. Using CPOMS, schools can ensure that students are safe and fully supported, whilst school staff can focus on teaching and providing support, instead of administration. CPOMS is the clear market leader in the sector trusted by over 3300 schools – it’s “the glue that pulls everything together”
10% off the first 2 years - Orders must be placed by September 29th 2017
For more information visit CPOMS online at:
DigiExam enables students to write high-stakes exams on their own digital device in a secure and reliable environment.
Students who use DigiExam are empowered to construct higher quality answers with increased efficiency and have confidence that our local client technology will continue to provide full functionality with no loss of data if internet connection is lost.
Through a comprehensive set of tools, teachers can create and grade exams efficiently while providing timely feedback to students on their written and multiple choice responses.
DigiExam currently serves over 1,000 universities and schools in 50+ countries and are the proud winners of the 2017 BETT Award for 'Higher Education /Further Education - Digital Services'.
As part of our new partnership with the Blended Learning Consortium we are delighted to offer members two choices of discounted service to best meet your needs:
1. Discounted rate of £5 per FE student, per year for any number of licenses (ongoing offer representing 25% discount)
2. £900 for unlimited student licenses until the end of December 2017 if purchased by the end of June 2017
Both offers include unlimited access to DigiExam for students and their teachers giving them the ability to sit or create as many exam papers as they need.
Contact Dave Millichap - Business Development Manager (UK):
Try DigiExam for free:
starDolphin Computer Access
At Dolphin we believe that all students should be able to access learning materials independently, whatever their level of sight. We design and develop software from the ground up to help people who are blind, visually impaired, or dyslexic achieve that.
We’re pleased to offer BLC members 20% discount on our SuperNova and EasyConverter software solutions - quote ref BLC20DISCOUNT
With SuperNova on a laptop, desktop or tablet, students can magnify and enlarge text and images up to 64 times, change colour schemes and settings to suit their own individual visual needs, browse websites and add optional speech and braille. The inbuilt Connect & View feature enables them to connect wirelessly to the classroom whiteboard and magnify the content on their own device, as well as plug in a USB camera to view handouts and printed material in the same way as using a video magnifier.
EasyConverter enables teachers and library staff to quickly and easily convert inaccessible text into large print, audio or braille output, allowing the student to study alongside sighted peers or in their own time.
Input documents in Word, PDF, text, html and many other file formats, or scan paper documents and take advantage of the inbuilt OCR (Optical Character Recognition).
All Dolphin products are available as a FREE 30 day trial with FREE UK technical support by telephone or email.
If you prefer to discuss your options over the phone, call us on 01905 754577. Ask us about flexible licencing options to suit your college.
Ready to buy?
Purchase online through our website or call us on 01905 754577 – don’t forget discount code BLC20DISCOUNT for 20% off.
Visit our website:
ASSESSES LEARNING POWER
Defines the Learner's Journey
ELLI, product of research at the Graduate School of Education, University of Bristol, has been validated among more than 100,000 students and others seeking to change their life choices. It does not ‘pigeon-hole’ as the psychometric tools traditionally do but ELLI’s 7 dimensions direct and monitor the learner’s journey over time.
Learning interventions and methods appropriate to this student learner
Course and teaching methods unsuitable with motivation rekindled by change
Student competition - student entry guidelines:
Staff competition EXCLUSIVE to BLC faculty:
Story of Elli:
For more informatio contact Dr Juliet Williams CBE:
t: (+44) 7831 097946
Visit Elli on the web:
Enlighten are an award-winning eLearning solutions team who have over 40 years of experience in the education sector with branches across the Midlands. We work with you to determine which eLearning solutions will best meet your specific vision and offer a complete service, including auditing, course writing, face to face training, bespoke and off the shelf online packages, eLearning implementation plans, seminars and AR/VR services.
Enlighten are offering special AR/VR related discounts for BLC colleges.
We provide a wide range of virtual & augmented reality training solutions including:
- Our award winning interactive 3D AR/VR Virtual construction site
- Zappar - Augmented Reality Platform
- Virtual Reality solutions
Read more about this offer:
Or contact Steve Wileman for more information:
starGlobal Vocational Skills
Global Vocational Skills is a UK based company specializing in digital learning, with thousands of users globally.
Our content, i-GVS, is designed to help improve delivery of vocational skills based training.
This is delivered by own cloud based platform, GVS PiLOT, which provides access to individually tailored metrics and reports, and integrates seamlessly with your VLE.
BLC members special offer
BLC members will get a special price with a 50% discount for 20-30 learning hours of your selected content for each i-GVS product.
The i-GVS products are in the following areas:
- Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Level 2
- Food and Beverage Service Level 2
- Food Production and Cooking Level 2
- Health and Social Care (Adults) Level 3
- Hairdressing Level 3
- Business Administration Level 2
- Plumbing and Heating Level 2
- Carpentry and Joinery Level 2
- Painting and Decorating Level 2
- Electrical Installation Level 2
- Bricklaying Level 2
- Customer Service Level 3
With this bundle, you get the following benefits:
- Free access to delivery platform GVS PiLOT which provides reports, analytics and metrics of user activity
- Free access to the Content Management System (CMS) – a customisation tool that allows to add or edit products content
- Sample Schemes of Work for each unit/topic
- Downloadable tutor support materials
Please contact us for more information:
t: +44(0)203 865 0401
Alternatively visit our website:
Collaborating tutors and students through a 360º transparent learning platform. Itslearning have what it takes to revolutionise learning outcomes, to improve social learning, communications and peer assessment. It is an intuitive, modern learning platform that is accessible anytime, anywhere.
We are offering special discounts for colleges who are members of Blended Learning Consortium. Whether you are an individual college or groups of colleges, our cost-effective packages allow you to benefit from economies of scale.
The discount on license price is as follows:
- Individual college - 20%
- 2-4 colleges - 30% (minimum of 5,000 users)
- 5 colleges** or more - 50% (minimum of 15,000 users)
Be part of this exclusive offer | Be part of the itslearning world
Click here for more information about the available offer:
Email Kate Kendall directly for more information:
Lumici Slate is a brand new cloud based platform with no maintenance, no managed hosting, no administration required. Members of the consortium can get a 20% discount on the annual subscription of Lumici Slate – that’s just £1995 per year.
Click here for more information about the Lumici Slate platform:
MicroLearn is pleased to announce a new partnership with the Blended Learning Consortium.
At MicroLearn, we do things a bit differently because we know learning is personal. That’s why we develop our cost-effective, off-the-shelf learning resources to suit your organisation. We all learn differently, so why should all learning be the same?
Take a look at how our engaging resources perfectly coincide with the Customer Service Practitioner Apprenticeship:
To create truly effective and engaging content, we decided that we needed to take a fresh approach to learning development. With this ethos, we have designed a catalogue of resources which can be tailored to the learning needs of your organisation. Whether you need a compact learning module, or only have time for a 2 minute video, you’ll find the resources right for you.
We are happy to offer all Consortium members a price of £2500 for our entire ever-growing range! Take a look at our catalogue here:
Why not try some of our resources for FREE yourself?
For more information, you can visit our website or contact us directly:
Alternatively, they can be contacted directly for further details about their training solutions:
Mindful Education specialise in creating media-rich professional courses & apprenticeships.Our professional courses & apprenticeships include areas such as accounting, law, management and HR.
In partnership with colleges across the UK, we design courses that are highly flexible, allowing students to choose how, when and where they want to study.
Our courses are bursting with high-quality media and digital content for learners; from animations and film, to case studies and online exercises, with a bespoke virtual learning environment for every course we make.
BLC Members: Special Offer
Partnering with Mindful Education provides Consortium members with an additional £1,000 marketing budget for colleges that choose Mindful Education for any of their professional courses & apprenticeships offer.
To access the special offer for Consortium members, please click here:
You can learn more about how colleges work with Mindful Education to provide greater flexibility to students by watching a 3 minute case study with one of their partners below:
Equally, please visit their website for more details:
The Blended Learning Consortium (BLC) was established to facilitate and empower colleges to benefit from the creation and sharing of FE specific resources so that they can meet the FELTAG agenda criteria.
myday is a revolutionary portal and mobile app used by forward thinking colleges across the UK. Our vision is to equip ambitious educational organisations with an integrated Digital Campus gateway that delivers the ultimate online experience, leading to increased recruitment, participation and satisfaction.
myday helps colleges align with the FELTAG agenda by providing access to all the digital resources students require for their academic day, all in one easy to access place with everything at their fingertips.
To read about our current offer and pricing, open the following document:
To learn more about how myday can help you with your FELTAG agenda, please email Adam at Collabco:
To see how one college have implemented myday and are using it on a daily basis, take a look at this short
Or visit our website to find out more:
starThe National Extension College
The National Extension College (NEC) is pleased to launch a new partnership with the Blended Learning Consortium. The partnership will give Consortium members a 20% discount on licence fees for NEC’s flexestudy online learning resources and highly regarded course materials. Flexestudy resources from NEC can be used:
- in blended learning programmes or a flipped classroom
- for individual support and reinforcement alongside face to face delivery
- as revision and resit practice material for learners at any level
- in bespoke vocational programmes with college resources added if required
- to encourage engagement with online learning using a variety of media, quizzes, self-assessment styles, and forums
- as a complete self-study online course with customisable tutorial support
Our first exciting new offer is flexestudy Maths for the new GCSE (9-1) specification from Edexcel at both Foundation and Higher levels. The first of 37 stand-alone topics, grouped into 10 sections will be available in January (e.g. fractions, decimals, angles, algebra, probability, quadratics, trigonometry). See the attached leaflet from the recent AoC conference for more information.
For Consortium members, there is a special introductory price for the first 3 sections of GCSE Maths and preferential fee for all 10 sections when available. To access a sample section of flexestudy Maths GCSE, contact:
For further information on Maths GCSE and other flexestudy resources, and to purchase licences, contact:
AoC workshop leaflet:
As the market-leading Work-Related Learning Platform, Navigate supports every aspect of the Study Programme learner journey. What’s more, it provides colleges with all the evidence they need to satisfy inspection of employability skills, work experience and employer engagement.
Navigate is designed to:
Assess employability skills:
- Engaging online initial diagnostic and distance travelled assessments
- Bespoke assessments to match college employability frameworks
- Cohort starting point and distance travelled reports
- National benchmarking reports
Evidence Work-Related Learning:
- ‘Off the shelf’ online learning content
- Bespoke learning content to match college programmes
- Evidencing learning through an innovative online portfolio, allowing learners to upload photos, videos and documents
- Motivating completion of employability activity through instant certification
Track work experience:
- Tracking every learner’s work placement preparation
- Collating all work experience documentation in a single online space
- Capturing placement activity through online journals, that include photo and video
- Evidencing learner performance through online employer feedback
- Links directly to leading eILP’s
- Full engagement reporting
- High quality training and dedicated customer support
We’d be happy to show you how Navigate can drive up Work-Related Learning in your college, and drive down all of your associated costs. Simply contact us to book a chat:
Alternatively, phone Chris on: (01634) 729 818
In addition, we are pleased to offer members of the Blended Learning Consortium a 25% discount on all learner licenses for Navigate.
BESTest Employability Diagnostic
BESTest is an employability skills diagnostic assessment tool developed by NCFE in partnership with Reed, the employment specialists, and provides an objective and accurate assessment of a learners' work readiness. It has been designed to help providers:
- identify and agree learners' baseline strengths and weaknesses
- design tailored, and personal learning plans based upon those strengths and weaknesses
- assess suitability
- accurately track and measure distance travelled
This psychometric assessment quickly, accurately and objectively measures your learners' employability skills. It is taken online and can be completed in just 10 minutes. As well as an overall score, each learner receives a set of ten underlying scores that relate to the important employability skills indicators such as; interview techniques and job search skills, and to vital personal qualities such as; motivation and sociability, that make all the difference with employers. BESTest is hosted by ForSkills, one of the leading online providers for English and maths assessments and learning resources for post-16 education and e-portfolios.
Blended learning consortium members are able to access a discount of up to a 20% discount on all learner licences up to a value of £1,000.
NCFE Blended Learning Programmes Supporting Employability
NCFE recognise that employability skills delivery within a study programme poses various challenges to providers, including; tutor time, staying abreast of the latest workplace and recruitment practices, interpretation of labour market intelligence and the pressure to use innovative and absorbing learning materials.
In conjunction with REED, NCFE has developed three blended learning programmes, providing both tutors and learners with an interactive delivery and engaging learning experience. All three programmes come with an interactive tutor interface and a range of embedded resources such as videos, games and assessment activities. They have been designed to provide a solution to the employability learning requirements within study programmes.
- is held on a moodle platform and contains a bespoke tutor delivery interface
- contains a scheme of work, session plans, tutor notes and learner led activities
- contains access to online interactive resources including learning games, advice and guidance, videos, and PDF workbooks
- includes a range of online and classroom based extension resources
- has differentiated assessment challenge at Levels 1 – 3
The programmes are:
1. Study Programme Enrichment During this programme learners will understand themselves, the working world around them and develop the skills needed to progress into their chosen route.
2. Progression to work experience Yr1 and Yr2 During this programme learners are able to build skills and confidence to secure and succeed in their own work experience placement.
3. Progression to Apprenticeships During this programme learners will be able to apply their knowledge and skills and increase their chances of obtaining a valuable apprenticeship programme.
Customers who purchase all programmes will automatically receive a discount of 10%. Blended learning consortium members can access an additional discount of up to a 20%.
Make an enquiry
Please email us if you are interested in finding out more information about either BESTest or the Blended Learning Programmes:
iObserve - The Ultimate Observation Tool
An exclusive 20% discount brought to you by NCFE. NCFE iObserve is a new observation tool that enables you to save valuable time and reduce paperwork by having an electronic record of all of your observations.
NCFE iObserve is accessible on both Apple and Android devices and allows you to:
- record observations using either audio or video
- time stamp criteria
- give instant feedback
- upload and review recordings
- create a signed declaration
With the potential to save you hours of work, NCFE iObserve has been designed to ensure you can process your marking and graded observations with ease and efficiency. All of this data is stored on your device and can be easily exported to a computer. You can also review all of your saved work on your device and even jump back to the time points within recordings. A list of the course requirements met and their times is also shown along with the signatures and dates.
NCFE iObserve is available at a reduced rate of £38.40 for a 12 month tablet subscription or £399.99 for a desktop subscription for all Blended Learning Consortium members.
Click here to apply your discount code and to purchase this product.
Blended Learning Consortium ‘Autumn Term’ savings from Overt Software
We are based in the UK and provide solutions to businesses and educational institutions all over the world. Overt Software has harnessed the power of open source software and has developed a range of Software as a Service (SaaS) and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) packages.
With our ethos of “exceptional service and honest expert advice”, being at the heart of everything we do, we are happy to give a 20% discount for Consortium Members for the first year (new customers to Overt Software only).
Hosted Moodle Solution
Our hosted servers are backed up by our complete range of server support activities. This package gives you a worry-free hosted solution, ideal for ensuring the smooth running of your applications. We give you a truly excellent solution for a busy institutional environment.
Mahara Cloud e-Portfolio
We can integrate your Mahara e-Portfolio with Moodle to take advantage of Moodle’s tracking, reporting and grading functionality. We create true single-sign-on between both Mahara and Moodle systems.
Shibboleth Cloud Single Sign-On
We understand that managing hundreds of user accounts that access online resources only adds to the daily load within the LRC & IT Departments. With Overt’s Shibboleth single sign-on solution, staff & learners are able to access online resources 24/7, 365 days a year.
Shibboleth Azure AD/ADFS Authentication Module (SAAM)
With more and more organisations utilising the power of Azure/Office 365 and ADFS a new problem has emerged. Users are now needing to sign on to multiple SSO systems (Azure AD/ADFS and Shibboleth) negating the benefits that SSO brings. That is why we have developed SAAM, as this bridges the authentication between the multiple SSO systems allowing users to simultaneously sign on to Azure AD/ADFS as well as Shibboleth (or another SSO system). This means that the user only needs 1 login to access all of their resources - bringing back true SSO.
LIMITED TIME OFFER:
We are providing free Cloud IdP when you purchase our SAAM products. Please go to the samlservices website for more information:
If you are interested in any of our packages and want to take advantage of our Blended Learning Consortium discounts, please feel free to contact our sales team:
Alternatively, contact Graham Mason for more information:
t: 07817 933 669
No-one understands the importance of every learner having access to appropriate, reliable technology, better than those, like us, who work with it on a daily basis.
Technology and its importance in the world will only increase and we work with colleges and schools to ensure every learner can interact with technology that not only helps them learn, but inspires their future life choices.
We offer a free comprehensive technology audit, assessing your network and technology environment, with a discussion of how you currently use technology and what you hope to achieve in the future.
To read more about how we can help your staff and learners get more out of your technology investment then visit the links below:
Cyber security offer:
Discounted products offer:
On premises Vs Cloud offer:
Email us for enquiries:
Visit our website for more information:
Planet eStream is a Unified Video Platform for education and is the platform of choice for over half of all UK Further Education establishments.
Planet eStream enables organisations to create, brand, theme and manage their own secure media library and distribute and share that content on demand, via their VLE/LMS, websites, PCs, mobile devices and digital signage displays.
In addition to their media library, the diverse and streamlined toolset available within Planet eStream enables colleges to deliver live streaming, digital signage, interactive learning, lesson and lecture capture, TV and radio recording and direct access to an archive of 1.7 million TV and radio programmes including the BBC Digital Archive.
Offering a comprehensive resource for creating, managing and securely delivering media from one central platform, Planet eStream reduces workload, offers excellent value and, most importantly, delivers benefits and improved outcomes for students, educators, learning resources staff and the IT team.
Your Planet eStream media library can also be accessed from within a range of learning platforms, including Canvas, D2L Brightspace, Blackboard, Moodle, SharePoint and more by using our bespoke plugins, enabling you to browse, upload and embed video content easily.
A wide range of authentication methods are offered as standard to support SSO, and the granular admin console enables you to configure your platform to your exact requirements, maintaining full control over who has access to your media assets.
To discover more about what Planet eStream can offer your college, view product videos, read about benefits of Planet eStream or book a demonstration, please visit our website:
Read how Planet eStream is a “Cornerstone of Online Delivery Strategy” for Berkshire College of Agriculture:
Read how Planet eStream has “Helped Kirklees College Meet Feltag Recommendations”:
Planet eStream Special Offer for BLC Members
20% off an ‘All Features’ year one cloud platform or locally installed subscription price for all new annual subscriptions purchased*
20% off an ‘All Features’ year one cloud platform subscription price for all current Planet eStream perpetual licence holders choosing to migrate from an on premise model to our cloud platform*
*Not applicable if procurement is via a competitive tender process.
Contact Matthew Hastings for more information:
starThe Skills Network
The Skills Network proposes to offer Prevent to members of the Blended Learning Consortium with access to the resource being made available via our online learning platform, EQUAL.
It allows learners to undertake their study in an exciting and interactive e-learning environment. The system not only supports learners’ development, but also includes tutor access and intelligent data management tools which cover all aspects of blended and distance learning delivery.
Click here for more information about the offer:
Spiral.ac is a classroom learning platform which:
- Handles answers from every student for every question
- Records teacher feedback
- Invites students to improve their original answers
- Breaks questions into visual and text-based steps
- Makes presentations and video interactive
- Tracks individual contributions to group presentations
We're the fastest way to carry out formative assessment, simple to use and beautiful to look at. The Institute of Education helped with the pedagogy, we are based in the UK and have 30,000 teachers signed up worldwide.
BLC members benefit from 20% off college plans (the full price is $2 per student). This includes:
- Admin, teacher and student dashboards with unlimited use of the apps
- Training from a Spiral trainer and access to how-to videos (see link below)
- Full LMS integration for flipped learning and single sign-on
Take it for a spin at spiral.ac:
Alternatively, contact Ben at Spiral with any questions:
“Inspectors will consider the extent to which learners receive thorough and impartial careers guidance to enable them to make informed choices about their current learning and future career plans” OFSTED Further Education and Skills Handbook
Think Smart helps your current and prospective students discover the right career path for them, and guides them towards the appropriate courses, vacancies and apprenticeships to achieve their ambitions.
Here is a demo video:
We interview professionals across a wide range of industries about their jobs, and use this to develop real-world problem-solving scenarios that your students can try out to get an understanding of what different career paths involve. Our adaptive algorithms track the topics and activities they enjoy in order to guide them towards appropriate career choices.
- Hundreds of problem-solving scenarios across >35 industries and constantly growing content
- The ability to rapidly build new content according to you + your local economy’s needs
- A word bank for students to add definitions of difficult jargon
- Guidance for prospective students towards appropriate courses and/or job vacancies
- Comprehensive analytics platform to measure progress throughout their student journey
We are delighted to offer a 20% discount on licenses to BLC members. Please contact us for details and to arrange a demo:
Visit our website for more information:
Virtual College is one of the UK’s leading providers of online learning, amassing over 2 million learners in their 21 years of experience in the field. Recently chosen as the ‘learning technologies supplier of the year’, Virtual College has been widely recognised for the way its training positively impacts individuals, teams and organisations.
Partnering with Virtual College provides Consortium members with a 20% discount off any initial orders with the company, as well as the following benefits:
- free access to the Career VOOCs, short online course that introduce learners to careers within a specific vocational sector
- unlimited access to the Employability suite of courses hosted on Virtual College’s Learning Management System for the reduced price of £1000 per college
- a free learning technology consultancy session with one of the company’s education e-learning consultants who can discuss how Virtual College content can help meet student training requirements
- access to the Ofsted Common Inspection Framework self-assessment template within our online Audit Tool free for 1 year.
For full information on how Virtual College can satisfy your training requirements, visit their company website:
Alternatively, they can be contacted directly for further details about their training solutions: