As a Consortium, we are in a position to negotiate with companies and sponsors to obtain discounts and benefits for all Consortium colleges, all of which are outlined below along with relevant contact details and links if you wish to find out more.
To take advantage of any offer listed below, please get in touch with us here at the BLC.
Click to expand and read more:
We have secured a reduced purchase price for all Consortium members for Articulate Storyline 2 at a saving of up to 50% per license. Considered an industry standard tool for e-learning development. We recommend SL2 to all BLC members due to it's rich features and familiar interface. Contact us for more details:
For advice on using Storyline visit the Articulate community:
Collaborating tutors and students through a 360º transparent learning platform. Itslearning have what it takes to revolutionise learning outcomes, to improve social learning, communications and peer assessment. It is an intuitive, modern learning platform that is accessible anytime, anywhere.
We are offering special discounts for colleges who are members of Blended Learning Consortium. Whether you are an individual college or groups of colleges, our cost-effective packages allow you to benefit from economies of scale.
The discount on license price is as follows:
- Individual college - 20%
- 2-4 colleges - 30% (minimum of 5,000 users)
- 5 colleges** or more - 50% (minimum of 15,000 users)
Be part of this exclusive offer | Be part of the itslearning world
Click here for more information about the available offer:
Email Kate Kendall directly for more information:
starThe Association for Learning Technologies
The Association for Learning Technologies (ALT) is proud to offer members a 20% discount on Organisations Membership and a 20% reduction in registration fees for CMALT. To find out more about the benefits of ALT membership visit thier website.
Click here for more information about the available offer:
Lumici Slate is a brand new cloud based platform with no maintenance, no managed hosting, no administration required. Members of the consortium can get a 20% discount on the annual subscription of Lumici Slate – that’s just £1995 per year.
Click here for more information about the Lumici Slate platform:
starCentury Intelligent Learning
CENTURY is an adaptive learning platform that uses artificial intelligence, the power of big data analytics and insights drawn from cognitive neuroscience to improve learning outcomes for students. Visit thier website for more information.
We want all colleges to benefit from the opportunities offered by CENTURY and are offering a 20% discount to members of the consortium. The discounted rate includes:
- access to the platform's maths and English GCSE and Functional Skills content
- access for all learners to their personalised recommended learning path
- access for teachers to the content management system to create and upload your own content
- access to the teacher dashboard, which provides data and insights into your students' learning
- training on how best to use CENTURY
Email CENTURY to learn more about the offer and to arrange a platform demonstration.
starThe Skills Network
The Skills Network proposes to offer Prevent to members of the Blended Learning Consortium with access to the resource being made available via our online learning platform, EQUAL.
It allows learners to undertake their study in an exciting and interactive e-learning environment. The system not only supports learners’ development, but also includes tutor access and intelligent data management tools which cover all aspects of blended and distance learning delivery.
Click here for more information about the offer:
BESTest is a brand new employability skills diagnostic assessment providing an objective and accurate assessment of a learners work readiness. It has been designed to help providers:
- identify and agree learners' baseline strengths and weaknesses
- design tailored and personal learning plans based upon those strengths and weaknesses
- assess suitability
- accurately track and measure distance travelled
This psychometric assessment quickly, accurately and objectively measures your learners' employability skills. It is taken on line and can be completed in just 10 minutes. As well as an overall score each learner receives a set of ten underlying scores that relate to the usual employability skills indicators such as; interview techniques and job search skills, and to those personal qualities such as; motivation and sociability, that make all the difference with employers.
Blended learning consortium members are able to access a discount of up to a 50% discount on all learner licences up to a value of £1,000. More information can be found on the Reed NCFE website:
Alternatively, contact Stephen at directly:
starThe National Extension College
The National Extension College (NEC) is pleased to launch a new partnership with the Blended Learning Consortium. The partnership will give Consortium members a 20% discount on licence fees for NEC’s flexestudy online learning resources and highly regarded course materials. Flexestudy resources from NEC can be used:
- in blended learning programmes or a flipped classroom
- for individual support and reinforcement alongside face to face delivery
- as revision and resit practice material for learners at any level
- in bespoke vocational programmes with college resources added if required
- to encourage engagement with online learning using a variety of media, quizzes, self-assessment styles, and forums
- as a complete self-study online course with customisable tutorial support
Our first exciting new offer is flexestudy Maths for the new GCSE (9-1) specification from Edexcel at both Foundation and Higher levels. The first of 37 stand-alone topics, grouped into 10 sections will be available in January (e.g. fractions, decimals, angles, algebra, probability, quadratics, trigonometry). See the attached leaflet from the recent AoC conference for more information.
For Consortium members, there is a special introductory price for the first 3 sections of GCSE Maths and preferential fee for all 10 sections when available. To access a sample section of flexestudy Maths GCSE, contact:
For further information on Maths GCSE and other flexestudy resources, and to purchase licences, contact:
AoC workshop leaflet:
Virtual College is one of the UK’s leading providers of online learning, amassing over 2 million learners in their 21 years of experience in the field. Recently chosen as the ‘learning technologies supplier of the year’, Virtual College has been widely recognised for the way its training positively impacts individuals, teams and organisations.
Partnering with Virtual College provides Consortium members with a 20% discount off any initial orders with the company, as well as the following benefits:
- free access to the Career VOOCs, short online course that introduce learners to careers within a specific vocational sector
- unlimited access to the Employability suite of courses hosted on Virtual College’s Learning Management System for the reduced price of £1000 per college
- a free learning technology consultancy session with one of the company’s education e-learning consultants who can discuss how Virtual College content can help meet student training requirements
- access to the Ofsted Common Inspection Framework self-assessment template within our online Audit Tool free for 1 year.
For full information on how Virtual College can satisfy your training requirements, visit their company website:
Alternatively, they can be contacted directly for further details about their training solutions:
MicroLearn is pleased to announce a new partnership with the Blended Learning Consortium.
At MicroLearn, we do things a bit differently because we know learning is personal. That’s why we develop our cost-effective, off-the-shelf learning resources to suit your organisation. We all learn differently, so why should all learning be the same?
To create truly effective and engaging content, we decided that we needed to take a fresh approach to learning development. With this ethos, we have designed a catalogue of resources which can be tailored to the learning needs of your organisation. Whether you need a compact learning module, or only have time for a 2 minute video, you’ll find the resources right for you.
We are happy to offer all Consortium members a 40% discount off our entire range! Take a look at our catalogue here:
Why not try some of our resources for FREE yourself?
For more information, you can visit our website or contact us directly:
Alternatively, they can be contacted directly for further details about their training solutions:
As the market-leading Work-Related Learning Platform, Navigate supports every aspect of the Study Programme learner journey. What’s more, it provides colleges with all the evidence they need to satisfy inspection of employability skills, work experience and employer engagement.
Navigate is designed to:
Assess employability skills:
- Engaging online initial diagnostic and distance travelled assessments
- Bespoke assessments to match college employability frameworks
- Cohort starting point and distance travelled reports
- National benchmarking reports
Evidence Work-Related Learning:
- ‘Off the shelf’ online learning content
- Bespoke learning content to match college programmes
- Evidencing learning through an innovative online portfolio, allowing learners to upload photos, videos and documents
- Motivating completion of employability activity through instant certification
Track work experience:
- Tracking every learner’s work placement preparation
- Collating all work experience documentation in a single online space
- Capturing placement activity through online journals, that include photo and video
- Evidencing learner performance through online employer feedback
- Links directly to leading eILP’s
- Full engagement reporting
- High quality training and dedicated customer support
We’d be happy to show you how Navigate can drive up Work-Related Learning in your college, and drive down all of your associated costs. Simply contact us to book a chat:
Alternatively, phone Chris on: (01634) 729 818
In addition, we are pleased to offer members of the Blended Learning Consortium a 25% discount on all learner licenses for Navigate.
DigiExam enables students to write high-stakes exams on their own digital device in a secure and reliable environment.
Students who use DigiExam are empowered to construct higher quality answers with increased efficiency and have confidence that our local client technology will continue to provide full functionality with no loss of data if internet connection is lost.
Through a comprehensive set of tools, teachers can create and grade exams efficiently while providing timely feedback to students on their written and multiple choice responses.
DigiExam currently serves over 1,000 universities and schools in 50+ countries and are the proud winners of the 2017 BETT Award for 'Higher Education /Further Education - Digital Services'.
As part of our new partnership with the Blended Learning Consortium we are delighted to offer members two choices of discounted service to best meet your needs:
1. Discounted rate of £5 per FE student, per year for any number of licenses (ongoing offer representing 25% discount)
2. £900 for unlimited student licenses until the end of December 2017 if purchased by the end of June 2017
Both offers include unlimited access to DigiExam for students and their teachers giving them the ability to sit or create as many exam papers as they need.
Contact Dave Millichap - Business Development Manager (UK):
Try DigiExam for free:
The Blended Learning Consortium (BLC) was established to facilitate and empower colleges to benefit from the creation and sharing of FE specific resources so that they can meet the FELTAG agenda criteria.
As of today, BLC member colleges who make the move to the Canvas VLE will be able to access BLC content directly from the Canvas virtual learning environment and import BLC materials into their courses quickly and with ease.
A sample of FE colleges that have moved to Canvas and are incorporating BLC content into their courses include: the Grimsby Institute, Salford City College, Highbury College, Career Colleges and Middlesbrough College amongst others.
The BLC has negotiated a time-limited Canvas offer for its members:
- First 3 months free of charge
- 10% off 1st year’s subscription
- Orders must be placed before 15th Sept 2017
Open offer details in PDF format:
To learn more about how Canvas can make teaching and learning easier for you, please email sales:
Or visit canvasvle.co.uk today:
Spiral.ac is a classroom learning platform which:
- Handles answers from every student for every question
- Records teacher feedback
- Invites students to improve their original answers
- Breaks questions into visual and text-based steps
- Makes presentations and video interactive
- Tracks individual contributions to group presentations
We're the fastest way to carry out formative assessment, simple to use and beautiful to look at. The Institute of Education helped with the pedagogy, we are based in the UK and have 30,000 teachers signed up worldwide.
BLC members benefit from 20% off college plans (the full price is $2 per student). This includes:
- Admin, teacher and student dashboards with unlimited use of the apps
- Training from a Spiral trainer and access to how-to videos (see link below)
- Full LMS integration for flipped learning and single sign-on
Take it for a spin at spiral.ac:
Alternatively, contact Ben at Spiral with any questions:
Overt Software Solutions is delighted to announce a new partnership with the Blended Learning Consortium.
We are based in the UK and provide solutions to businesses and educational institutions all over the world. Overt Software has harnessed the power of open source software and has developed a range of Software as a Service (SaaS) and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) packages.
With our ethos of “exceptional service and honest expert advice”, being at the heart of everything we do, we are happy to give Consortium members a 20% discount on our Cloud SaaS packages:
Hosted Moodle Solution
Our hosted servers are backed up by our complete range of server support activities. This package gives you a worry-free hosted solution, ideal for ensuring the smooth running of your applications. We give you a truly excellent solution for a busy institutional environment.
Mahara Cloud e-Portfolio
We can integrate your Mahara e-Portfolio with Moodle to take advantage of Moodle’s tracking, reporting and grading functionality. We create true single-sign-on between both Mahara and Moodle systems.
Shibboleth Cloud Single Sign-On
We understand that managing hundreds of user accounts that access online resources only adds to the daily load within the LRC & IT Departments. With Overt’s Shibboleth single sign-on solution, staff & learners are able to access online resources 24/7, 365 days a year.
MantisAlert IT Monitoring
Overt Software’s MantisAlert IT monitoring provides one of the most powerful and cost-effective IT monitoring solutions available. No hardware to setup or maintain, you will be up and running within minutes. This scalable architecture has no limits, whether you have 1 server or 10,000 we have you covered. Gain full insight into the health of your servers, desktops, applications, IPs and URLs. Try our 30-day free trial.
If you are interested in any of our packages and want to take advantage of our Blended Learning Consortium discounts, please feel free to contact our sales team:
Alternatively, contact Graham Mason for more information:
t: 07817 933 669
Visit our website for more information:
CPOMS is a revolutionary software application for monitoring child protection, safeguarding, SEND and a whole range of pastoral and welfare issues. Working alongside a school’s existing safeguarding processes, CPOMS is an intuitive system to help with the management of child protection, behavioural issues, bullying, special educational needs, domestic issues and much more. Using CPOMS, schools can ensure that students are safe and fully supported, whilst school staff can focus on teaching and providing support, instead of administration. CPOMS is the clear market leader in the sector trusted by over 3300 schools – it’s “the glue that pulls everything together”
10% off the first 2 years - Orders must be placed by September 29th 2017
For more information visit CPOMS online at: